An Historic Day in the USA
“The big trade made today is in the White House.”
– Kenny ‘The Jet’ Smith [Inside the NBA & Yahoo Sports! Basketball Analyst]
1. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal …”
2. “A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe the government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved — I do not expect the house to fall — but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other.”
3. “… all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thence forward, and forever free …”
4. “I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
6. “I was born in the slum, but the slum was not born in me. And it wasn’t born in you, and you can make it.
Wherever you are tonight, you can make it. Hold your head high; stick your chest out. You can make it. It gets dark sometimes, but the morning comes. Don’t you surrender!
Suffering breeds character, character breeds faith. In the end faith will not disappoint.
You must not surrender! You may or may not get there but just know that you’re qualified! And you hold on, and hold out! We must never surrender!! America will get better and better.
Keep hope alive. Keep hope alive! Keep hope alive! On tomorrow night and beyond, keep hope alive!
I love you very much. I love you very much.”
8. “If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.”
Congratulations to Mr. Barack Obama, President-elect, for A Dream fulfilled.
… for, both, the United States of America, and its People.