[as a follow-up to last week’s entry … Ranking Jose Calderon as a PG]
Given the list of players who customarily play the Point Guard position for their respective teams in the NBA, this is how they now rank, in the eyes of this corner:
1. Deron Williams  … the best combination of PG skills today
2. Chauncey Billups  … when healthy, still formidable
3. Chris Paul  … only drawback is his lack of size
4. Tony Parker  … still plagued by periods of erratic decision-making
5. Steve Nash  … inconsistent D & now age beginning to take their toll
6. Jason Kidd  … major slippage noticed this past season; REBOUNDING king
7. Baron Davis  … multi-dimensional but where will playoff success come from?
8. Jose Calderon  … physically sound, steadily improving & just entering the prime of his career
That said … if there was one game to be played next season with the outcome to determine the fate of the hypothetical team GM’d by khandor’s sports blog, in the NBA … Brandon Roy would have the ball in his hands with the shot clock ticking down, on behalf of that team.
NOTE: Thanks to those who submitted comments and voted during the past week; unfortunately, not enough in total to serve as a valid ‘informal’ poll.